Gadget under header picture

We are off to Newfoundland so tag-along with us.

Leaving Harbour Breton in search of long lost Relatives

Saturday, June 25th to Tuesday, June 28th
We left Harbour Breton on Monday, June 27th. Saturday and Sunday were pretty much R and R days.  I did a little bit of hiking, but mostly I was knitting and beating Doug at Cribbage.

We are starting our trek towards St. John's   It's time to try and find my relatives that I have not seen or talked to in 42 years!  Hemi hauled Elbroko up those steep hills in the fog and drizzle with just a little bit of chugging and coughing.  Hemi sure was glad to get to the meadows on top of those hills! The good news is when we got back to the Trans Canada a couple of hours later we actually saw the SUN.  There is a sun in Newfoundland!!!!!  And of course it's a driving day for us.  Go figure!  We stopped for the evening at Square Pond RV campground just east of Gander. This park used to be an old Provincial park before the government of Newfoundland sold it. A lovely park on a beautiful "pond" (we would call it a lake) with lots of seasonal campers.  We did manage to go for a nice walk before guess started to rain!   We headed out around 9:00 a.m. for Butter Pot Provincial Park about 30 kms west of St. John's. We arrived at the park to discover they didn't have hydro sites and the generator had to be turned off early (we've turned into softies with the cold weather we've had)  Also, we would not be able to stay over the long weekend as they were booked up.  Of course the Dickinson's totally forgot this was the July 1st weekend.  After being a tourist for a month now, our brains have gone into a semi conscious state. Hopefully this isn't the first problem we are going to encounter with our "no plan vacation", maybe this will be our first crack at boondocking.  We did remember passing a trailer park a few miles back so off we go to check it out.  No boondocking for us, luckily they had about 6 sites left and we can stay as long as we want.  Whew! It is actually a very nice park and they do have Wi Fi, so I'm back to blogging regularly, or so I thought. 

When I entered in that little secret code shazam....nothing happened.  I tried working my magic, tweeking here and there and all that did was make me frustrated beyond belief. That was it...I'm quitting blogging. We were not real satisfied with the camera we bought for Doug in Corner Brook. So we were going into Mount Pearl to take it back.  Doug knows how much I really do enjoy my blogging and  suggested I bring along my computer and maybe we can find a McDonald's so I can do some updating.  I am way behind since we didn't have access to the internet in Harbour Breton.  Maybe I should take my jammies along, I may have to spend the night there to get caught up. Hopefully it's a 24 hour one.  To make a long story short after we had dinner at Swiss Chalet we went down the street to McDonald's to blog.  Luckily, they did have one power outlet in the restaurant (my battery is pretty much pouched) and there I sit 10:30 at cup of tea, and my computer blogging away. Really it wasn't that bad, I write all my notes every night in Microsoft Word and decide which of my many pictures are going to be posted. Then when I do update, I just have to copy and paste the notes and upload the pictures.  Sometimes I get a couple more gray hairs because the pictures won't go where I think they should go and some of the words end up in a weird place, but I'm learning to let the computer win.  Sometimes being able to get to sleep at night is just more important than fighting with a computer.  Finally at 11:45 p.m. I have updated as much as I was going to do without being locked inside with all those Big Macs and Quarter Pounders.  Just so you know, it's not a good idea to drink regular tea at 11:00 at night and expect to go to sleep anytime soon.  It is very peaceful at 2:00 a.m.
Don't Be a Stranger!

No comments: