Gadget under header picture

We are off to Newfoundland so tag-along with us.

Gros Morne today...YAHOO!!!

Friday, June 3, 2011

We left Grand Codroy campground around 10:30, it was about 14 degrees and finally sunny.  Most people would have a 4 hour drive to Gros Morne but not me and Dougy.  We stopped in Corner Brook and did a bit of shopping.  Just how friendly are the Newfies…. well, an elderly couple pulled up beside Elbroko and asked what part of Ontario we were from.  We talked to them for 20 minutes also, before we left the campground this morning, the owner came over and said goodbye and wished us a safe journey. Unbelievable!  
The drive up to Gros Morne was very beautiful.  The mountains were bigger and definitely more snow capped, but I guess we are going north.  
We drove past lots of lakes and cottage type country around Corner Brook and Deer Lake.  We finally arrived at the gates around 4:00.  OMG the drive was fantastic.  The scenery was absolutely fabulous for me anyway.  Doug really couldn’t enjoy it too much, he had to concentrate on navigating Hemi and Elbroko through the mountain roads.  They were a bit bumpy, and it was definitely windy.  We wound around lakes, up and down and all around.  At every corner I would announce "look at that, it is beautiful".  Of course, I have my camera hanging out the window taking pics at every corner.  Thank god for digital cameras!  Doug will get to enjoy the scenery tomorrow, I will drive him around.  We had to buy a park pass that cost us $21 each, currently half price.
The view from our campsite
We are staying at the KOA about a mile from the Visitor Centre.  This is home base for a week.  While supper was cooking I went for a hike around the lake on the moose path.  I did not see any moose but I did see lots of fresh tracks and this beautiful scenery. 


I can hardly wait until tomorrow to do some hiking, we have a few trails picked out.  So I better get to bed.














Don't Be a Stranger!

No comments: